2021 Scholarship Application
If you are an ethnic minority high school senior and live in the Des Moines
Metropolitan area, you are eligible to apply for this scholarship. To be
considered, you MUST complete all of the following:
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation from:
o School Source: Teacher, Advisor, Principal, Counselor, Coach, etc.
o Personal Source: Mentor, Clergy, Employer, etc.
▪ Relatives cannot be used for recommendation letters.
- Submit an OFFICIAL copy of your high school transcript from the
registrar, confirming a minimum 2.50 GPA.
- Submit a typed1-2 page essay addressing the following:
o A life or academic challenge you have experienced, how this
challenge was overcome, and the lessons that were learned from it.
▪ The essay should be typed using Times New Roman, 12-
point font, and double spaced. Essays should be attached to
the completed application.
- Attach a professional photo (5×7).
- Participate in a face-to-face interview with the Scholarship Committee.
- Return the completed application to the address below:
Ms. Renee Hardman
Scholarship Committee Chair
9051 Swanson Blvd.
Clive, IA 50325
The application must be postmarked or hand delivered on or before
Friday, March 19, 2021.